This palace, built by the Pignatellis in the early sixteenth century, then passed to the Filangeris, as Giulia Pignatelli married Francesco Filangeri, whose tomb is preserved in San Domenico, among the remains of the ancient basilica of Santa Croce. Located in the pittaglio (district) of San Marco, almost as if to mark the border between via della Spina di Cristo (A. Prologo) and via di Santa Teresa (third section of via Ognissanti) it was renovated in 1772. It passed to the della Grezza family (later Laghezza) and is currently owned by Matera and today houses the Corteinfiore restaurant. This building is particularly special in that it incorporated part of the city walls that at the time rested on the rocks of the sea.
Renaissance-style, it preserves a garden inside that once occupied part of the roadbed of the current Via A. Prologo, whose irregular sidewalk marks the limit of a portico that disappeared some time ago . Of the various personalities who succeeded one another in this palace, Prince Cesare Filangeri should be mentioned, husband of Costanza Lambertini, daughter of the great Bolognese merchant Nicolantonio Lambertini, who followed Charles V in the expedition to Tunis, finding his death there (1535). Here also lived the Enlightenment Francesco Laghezza, tutor of Ettore Carafa, liberating hero who fought with the French, before being involved in the events of 1799. In the alley behind this building there is still the coat of arms of the Pignatelli house (three pots). The coat of arms of the Filangeri family (raked cross) can be found carved on some altars of the church of Santa Chiara.